Building a Home Yoga Therapy Practice on Zoom!
Maggie has been working with private clients in person for close to 20 years, and on Zoom online for the past 2 years.
During this social distancing time, she encourages you to book an appointment with her most afternoons on Zoom, to develop a home practice to deepen your experience.
A 3-sessions series costs $300 + GST. Follow ups are $100 + 5% Tax.
Evening and weekend sessions are available upon request, depending on the week.
Maggie works collaboratively with physiotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, chiropractors, massage therapists, Ayurvedic practitioners, and Medical/Naturopathic Doctors to help you best assess how Yoga Therapy can be part of a mind-body-spirit integrated healing plan.
The first session is primarly exploratory to understand the student's situation on a physical, energetic, cognitive, psychological, and spiritual levels. This is primarily based on the student's self assessment of their condition as well as Maggie's observations. The second session works on building the Yoga practice and the third is to assess, review, and revise the practice as necessary. Her knowledge of Ayurveda, Meditation, and Vedic Chanting is integrated into both the assessment and application.
To learn more about the Therapeutic Process that Maggie has developed for her private Yoga Therapy, please see the short video from her Yoga Therapist training, Introduction to the Therapeutic Process for Private Yoga Therapy
These are the most common problems that Maggie addresses with Yoga Therapy:
- Common Aches and Pains: Feet and ankles; knees and hamstrings; hips; lower back; hands and wrists; neck and shoulders; sciatica; etc.
- Tight Muscles/Fascia/Nerves or Hyper Mobility (Over flexible/Over stretched ligaments)
- Misalignments: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders), Lordosis (sway back); Asymmetries in hips, and Pronated/Supinated Feet
- Scoliosis: C Curves and S Curves
- Injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hips, knees, shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists), bulging discs, etc.
- Post surgery: knees, hips, lower back, etc.
- Weight gain/loss: Obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis (OA); Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA); and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)
- Digestive Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Acid Reflux, Indigestion, Constipation, and Diarrhea
- Other Chronic Conditions: Allergies, Asthma, Cancer recovery/remission, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Diabetes -Type II, Fibromyalgia, Hormonal Imbalances, Hypo/Hypertension (low/high blood pressure), Hypo/Hyper Thyroidism, Incontinence, Insomnia, etc.
- Movement Disorders: Cerebral Palsy (CP), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s Disease (PD), or Stroke Recovery
- Women’s Health: PMS; Menstrual Irregularities; Pregnancy; Infertility; Menopause
- Emotional Health: Chronic Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Stressm Healing from Grief or Loss, Managing Trauma or Change, etc.