Maggie designs individualized home Yoga practices for those who want to work more deeply with their therapeutic needs than can be done in a public group setting.
She asks for a minimum three session committment. Each session is 60-90 minutes. Please pay $300 + GST at first session.
She works with private clients on Friday or Saturday afternoons at her studio, The Inner City Ashram in the East Village near North Vancouver and Burnaby. Other times might also be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Maggie does not do medical diagnoses and encourages you to see your healthcare practitioner before coming to her. She works collaboratively with physiotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, chiropractors, massage therapists, Ayurvedic practitioners, and Medical/Naturopathic Doctors to help you best assess how Yoga Therapy can be part of a mind-body-spirit integrated healing plan.
Maggie focusses on understanding what the root cause of the problem is (Heyam-Hetu) before deciding collaboratively what the goal of the practice is (Hanum) and the actual Yoga Therapy practice (Upayam) should be. The first session is primarly exploratory to understand the student's situation on a physical, energetic, cognitive, psychological, and spiritual levels. This is primarily based on the student's self assessment of their condition. The second session works on building the Yoga practice and the third is to assess, review, and revise the practice as necessary. Her knowledge of Ayurveda, Meditation, and Chanting is integrated into both the assessment and application.
These are the most common problems that Maggie addresses with Yoga Therapy:
- Common Aches and Pains: Feet and ankles; knees and hamstrings; hips; lower back; hands and wrists; neck and shoulders; sciatica; etc.
- Tight Muscles/Fascia/Nerves or Hyperextension (Over flexible/Over stretched ligaments)
- Misalignments: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders); lordosis (sway back); asymmetries in hips; pronated feet; scoliosis; etc.
- Injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hips, knees, shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists); bulging discs, etc.
- Post joint replacement surgery: knees; hips; etc.
- Weight gain/loss: Obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis (OA); Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA); and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)
- Digestive Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD); acid reflux; indigestion; constipation; and diarrhea
- Other Chronic Conditions: Allergies, asthma, cancer recovery/remission; carpel tunnel syndrome; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS); Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD); Diabetes -Type II; fibromyalgia; hormonal imbalances; hypo/hypertension (low/high blood pressure); hypo/hyper thyroid; incontinence; insomnia; stroke recovery; etc.
- Movement Disorders: Cerebral Palsy (CP), Multiple Sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Women’s Health: PMS; menstrual irregularities; pregnancy; infertility; menopause
- Emotional Health: Chronic anxiety, depression or stress; healing from grief or loss; dealing with trauma or change; etc.