- Accredited IAYT Yoga Therapist Training Program: One of the first accredited programs in the world with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (CYT 1000)
- Depth in Traditional Practices from India: Sri T. Krishnamacharya lineage - breath/meditation/chanting & restorative/alignment-centred
- Breadth in Current Practices from the West: Major trends in current Yoga Therapy practice
- Master Yoga Therapists from India: Study with Master Yoga Therapists from India, specialized in traditional Krishnamacharya-based practices
- Intensive Format for Students from around the Globe: 10 weeks Vancouver, Canada - 6 weeks Chennai, India - 7 weeks Vancouver, Canada with at home practicums after intensive semesters.
- Small Class Sizes of only 10-12 Students: Small class sizes foster individualized learning and deeper relationships for a higher quality learning experience.
- Senior Yoga Therapists and Specialist Mentors from Vancouver: Be taught and mentored by real Yoga Therapists at work with real students with real conditions in one of the world’s thriving Yoga hubs, Vancouver, Canada.
- Practicums at Home Supported by Mentors: Be supported at a distance by your Practicum Supervisor and Specialist Mentors at home as you transition into your career as a Yoga Therapist
- Yoga Therapy Research: Learn how to conduct Yoga Therapy research during our Directed Studies Case Study Capstone Project, during the final phase of your training, mentored by Neil Pearson and Maggie Reagh
- 1000 Hours of Classes: 200 hours above the 800 hour IAYT minimum standard to allow for extra practicum hours and our Directed Studies Case Study Capstone Project, fostering an experiential, thoughtful approach to learning and teaching
- Only 34 Hours/Week during 3 On-Campus Intensive Terms: Evenings and weekends off to relax, study, and integrate learning at deeper levels, rather than cramming in too much material over a short period of time
- Continuing Studies and Transfer Credits: During Term 1, each course is completed in 30 hours each week, which allows Yoga teachers to complete CEU credits for Yoga Alliance and RYT 500 students from other RYS schools to transfer 30-300 hours.
Motivated by the Joy learning brings, you will gradually progress from basic to refined levels of understanding until you attain mastery. - Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, I-17
Yoga Therapy International's Core Faculty
Maggie Reagh Yoga Philosophy, Chanting & Ayurveda - Viji Vasu Bhagavada Gita & Meditation - Jane Courtney Western Medicine Neil Pearson Physical Therapy & Chronic Pain - DV & Radha Sridhar Yoga Sutras & Chanting - Danielle Schroeder Counseling Psychology